Friday, September 25, 2009

The Honeymoon is Over

So far, it's been lovely just sailing along, typing scenes as they come into my head a la NaNoWriMo, but now my novel and I have to actually start building a life together.  The plot points floating around my skull like confetti do not a novel make.  I need to create a damned outline.

This scares the poo out of me.  It's odd that it should, because I'm the High Priestess of Listmakers.  My whole life I've been a positively OCD planner (a characteristic that has allowed me to get away with egregious procrastination in the execution department.)  But planning prose?  This seems somehow antithetical to my notion of creative writing.  Is this why I like writing - the fact that prose is the one thing in my life that isn't planned?

Well, I suppose I could just write shitty stream-of-consciousness as a hobby and give up the idea of ever publishing.  But first I'll at least TRY to create that outline.  Wish me well (please).

No comments:

Post a Comment