Friday, February 12, 2010

So. Maddening.

Not wanting to be left out, North Texas decided to host its own record-breaking snowstorm yesterday.  DFW airport got 12.5 inches in 24 hours.  This may sound like a light dusting campared to other places, but Texas being Texas, we only have two snowplows and a couple boxes of Morton's to deal with it, so we're just as shut down as the East Coast.  In fact, I haven't even been able to work from home because while I have power, the computers I connect to have lost it.

Now, I'm a pretty glass-half-full kind of person, and of course I'm glad we're all safe and warm and have food in the house, but this has been extremely maddening.  Having two days where I can't work-work is supposed to be a gift from heaven.  Bonus writing time!  Unfortunately being cooped up with two cabin-fevered kids and a husband who is working from home means that gift is just out of reach.  A big fat tease.

And so it goes.

1 comment: