Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I Really Do Enjoy This

My novel revisions are under way!

Sort of.

Here's a little secret about the novel.  Although I had planned to write a vaguely steampunk SFF, it somehow became a reality-based historical thriller.  Although by 'reality-based', I mean based on my crush-and-clique-eclipsed recollection of middle-school history.

So Phase One, Step One is actually the Basic Research Phase, wherein I make sure the technology central to my plot actually existed when I hope it did. 

So far so good.

That said, I haven't stopped writing.  I'm just indulging myself with other projects.  Tonight I wrote 1400 words of a new short story, and another 400 for an entry into Moonrat's Mentors, Muses & Monsters Contest.

And now I really must go to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Best wishes with the revisions. And, great blog by the way. I'm looking forward to following your adventures (as I'm also a novelist soul stuck in a cubicle).

    ReplyDelete