Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dusting Off Old WIPs

This week I decided to go back and re-read the three variously-incomplete novels I started over the last couple of years.  It feels sort of like archeology, finding the foundations but not the buildings.  Likewise, it's so clear in retrospect which parts were strong and which were weak.  I like them at least as much now as I did when I started them, and I'm tempted to start work on them again, but they also feel like history - the characters like ghosts.  It's very strange.  I wonder if people ever do dust off old WIPS and finish them, let alone publish them.

1 comment:

  1. I find it hard to go back and resurrect work I let flounder. But I made a resolution to finish all unfinished work this year before moving on. It remains to be seen if I accomplish this! Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete